Agia (Saint) Paraskevi Church
This small church is located on the road between Galata and Kakopetria Villages. It was founded ca. 1510 A.D. It is a one-aisled church with a rectangular chamber at the sanctum that is covered under the same roof as the church. This chamber was constructed to be used as a burial chamber for the tomb of the church or church clerics.
The dimensions of the church are 7,20 x 3,60 metres without the arch. The arch has a 1.97 metre chord and an arrow of 1.66 metres. The walls of the church are made of rough stones and mud and have a thickness of 0.42 – 0.50 metres and a height of about 3 metres.
There are frescoes only on the pediment. The Ascension of the Lord is depicted, and underneath, the Protestant Stephen, all around the bow. In the quadrangle of the apse, the Virgin is painted, standing up with hands raised in despair attitude without Christ. Right and left Archangels Michael and Gabriel. Under the icon of the Virgin Mary, Saint Epiphanius, Athanasios and John Chrysostomos, north of the small window, and to the south the Saints Vasileos, Gregorios the Theologian and Saint Spyridon.
There is a divine service in the church on the 26th of July, the name day of St. Paraskevi.
To arrange a visit to the church, please contact Father Kyriakos Charalambous on (+357) 99-720918.