Agios Antonios Church (new)
In Spilia village there are two churches of Agios Antonios, the old and the new ones. The old one was built in 1850 and the new one in 1970. The two churches are next to each other, on a hill overlooking Spilia village.
The new church was completed in 1970 and was inaugurated in 1975 and is located on the south side of the old church. This new church replaced the old one, which has since become obsolete and became dilapidated.
The masonry consists of irregularly shaped stone and the voids formed are filled with pieces of brick. The two-leafed wood-carved altar doors are particularly impressive. They are divided into two zones. In the upper zone, under three-poled arches, Agios Ioannis o Chrysostomos, Peter the Apostle, Paul the Apostle and St. Vasileios are depicted on the left. In the lower zone, under the semicircular arches, the holy hierarchs Triphyllios, Gregorios o Theologos, Nicholas and Spyridon are depicted. The unknown artist, although following the Byzantine style, uses elements of Western art of the time in his work.