Architecture

The villages in Solea retain their traditional character with most of the old houses being made of local stone, roofs tiled with tiles and wooden balconies.
Traditional folk architecture is also reflected in the Hani ton Kalianon, also known as “The Station”, located on the old road of Nicosia – Troodos and was built around 1900 AD.
Finally, the Sixty Houses (Exinta Spitia) are a settlement, according to the same architectural model, originally built to accommodate the workers of the Skouriotissa Mines.

Architecture on the Interactive Map

Font Resize
image-footer