The Panagias Theotokou Church (Church of Our Lady)
The church of Panagias Theotokou is located at the entrance of Kakopetria. It was built in 1514 and seems to be a Byzantine chapel.
The roof is wooden, tiled, with a tiled roof, a type that has prevailed since the 13th century. Outside is brick built.
From the frescoes of the church, dating back to the first half of the 16th century, some are well-preserved. On the northern wall are the frescoes: The Lord on his way to Calvary, the Resurrection, the Pentecost, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, St. Mary of Egypt, and St. Kosmas. On the eastern wall are the frescoes: Ascension, the Prophet David, the wise Solomon, the Prophet Isaiah, and others.
From the 1st to 13th August, there are requests and many loyalists go and sit in the courtyard where there are seats to watch.
The church functions on August 15th, when the Day of the Assumption is celebrated, and many believers go to celebrate and worship the holy icon of the Virgin Mary.